Upon Googling the term “Managed Services,” I was directed to a definition from Wikipedia. According to the wiki page, “Managed services is the practice of transferring day-to-day related management responsibility as a strategic method for improved effective and efficient operations inclusive of Production Support and lifecycle build/maintenance activities.”
To be honest, this definition is a little overdone. Basically, when you use a managed services provider (MSP), you are moving internal responsibilities to an external service provider. Usually a MSP is an information technology (IT) services provider. So how are managed IT services structured?
Most IT solutions providers that offer managed services will bundle services. Common services include:
- Network Management
- System Monitoring
- Storage and Backup
- Hardware Instillation and Removal
IT providers can also provide value added services such as:
- Cloud Computing
- Telephone/VoIP services
- Office365 / CRM
- Web Design
So what is the benefit of using an MSP? Efficiency
Managed services let organizations choose the level of service appropriate for their business needs, while being flexible in terms of scheduling and budget. Plus, MSPs provide the organization with a broader knowledge base and higher level of support as opposed to having a dedicated in-house employee.
For more information on using an MSP, download our FREE e-book
- Monitoring Stay on top of your IT system performance and stability.
- Maintenance Proactive care to keep your system up and cut long term costs.
- Help Desk Remote support from our skilled technicians.
- Tech On-site support and management from our experts.
- Data Protection Complete systems to protect and restore your vital information safely and securely.
- Cloud Augment your storage cost-effectively and work virtually from any location.
- Backup Keep your information secure and accessible.
- Network Design and set up a business server.
- Server Assessment, secure setup and support of on-site servers.
- Hosting Set up email and host websites.
- Antivirus Protection from spam and malware.
- Device Solutions to all of your important business tools including laptops, tablets and smart phones.